November 1, 2013

Disney 2013

 

We were fortunate enough to be able to go back to Disney World this Fall Break.  We went two years before during the same week and couldn't wait to experience it with kids that were two years older this time.  Our first time was fun and so magical, but the kids enjoyed it so much more this time in many ways.  During the big "reveal" to announce that we were going, Mom shared that there would be a contract to sign before we went.  Way to take the fun out of Disney, Mom!  As much fun as was made, it helped keep us all on our best behavior as to not waste our Disney time by doing something as silly as refusing to wash our hands when asked.  It wasn't perfect by any means, but helped set the tone to soak up each moment of fun. 

Here is the contract so you can enjoy making fun  along with us!



Family Contract

This trip is a privilege. I will be grateful and choose joy. This is the happiest place on earth and I will help add to that. Being a family means that I think of three other people in addition to myself. 

I will be a respectful park guest and follow the rules. Mickey knows best!

If asked, I will try to potty. Any time I waste will be taken from my choices.

I will be a good sport when we are doing something for someone else, because I will get a turn to choose too.

I will try new foods because it might be a new favorite.  If I refuse to eat what is offered, there will be no treat. And we all know that Mickey's treats are the best!

When it is bath time, I will gladly get clean or I will lose rides.

I will gladly wear what we packed. Getting dressed faster means getting to the park faster. 

I will be kind to Mom and pause for pics because they are so fun to look at when we get home.

If I am helpful without asking, I might earn Disney dollars. If I ask for Disney dollars, I won't get any.

I know how many Disney dollars I have. If I want something, it is my decision. I will not whine for more.

Mom and Dad have a fun plan. There will be time for choices. But there will be times when I just get to follow the plan and see what fun Mom and Dad have already planned.

I will have fun and remember that all good things come from God. We are very blessed!


Signed

____________________________________  Brandon

____________________________________  Katie

____________________________________  Ben

____________________________________  Elizabeth

Some of our highlights included meeting lots of princesses and other characters at special meals (including Cinderella's castle!).  It was also a memorable moment seeing Ben made up like a pirate and watching Elizabeth get fancy with other princesses in training.  Some of our favorite rides were the same as last time and some new favorites this time.  E fell in love with It's a Small World (just like her momma!) and Ben wanted coaster after coaster.  His faves were Expedition Everest and Test Track.  Ben liked the characters still, but nothing would compare to the overwhelmed wide eyes of E when she met princesses.  Aurora was her favorite as she wears pink.  Rapunzel was a big hit though as she danced and had beautiful hair.  Ben even was taken aback by the parade of beauties at the castle meals and didn't mind having his picture taken.  He even announced to them that he was a bad pirate, not a good one, for sure.


 
 

It has been a couple of months since we have been and they ask at least once a week when we can go back.  Maybe in a few more years!!  In the meantime, Silver Dollar City's season doesn't start soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment