“When I grow up will I be as big as God? When will I be tall enough to reach God?” After trying to explain that God would always be bigger, Ben got angry and replied that he would build a tower to climb up and see God and then he would be as big as God.
“After I grow up and become a dad, I would like to grow wings and fly up like an angel to visit God.”
During a recent car ride, Ben all of a sudden asked us if we trusted God. After responding that we did, he replied that he was very worried because he didn’t know how to trust God and didn’t know if he could. We tried to reassure him that was something that would come with time and what that might look/feel like, but right now he is pretty concerned that he isn’t sure he trusts in the Lord.
“What is a soul?” Mom and Dad tried to explain the various meanings of soul/sole and started getting even more questions.
In the parking lot at school one morning, Mom was still getting
“If this is Baby Jesus’ birthday, when is Santa’s birthday?”
Ben asked one of his Grandmas why the baby Jesus was born and then promptly dismissed her answer and told her that it was because God needed a special helper.
What a great post!!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I wonder about the same things Ben does sometimes :)
-Priya